What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main event, the full Black Iron box set.
20231225_191935.jpg
20231225_191941.jpg
20231225_201244.jpg

Here it comes:

IMG_7151.jpeg

Used SeriousEats’ reverse sear for that.

IMG_7152.jpeg

Bad lighting, but that is just what I was hoping for.

IMG_9785.jpeg

Puds…I ate four!

IMG_9786.jpeg

New this year - the recipe calls it a rösti cake, I just say it’s a big ol’ plate of hash browns.

IMG_7153.jpeg

Other dishes were hazelnut green beans (MrsT didn’t care for those) and braised red cabbage, flavored with perry, thyme, cinnamon, and vinegar.

Beer was Sam Smith’s imperial stout and desserts to follow later.

From yesterday: Neighborhood Gal Pal Christmas Eve Card Games with snacks and adult beverages
IMG_3492.JPG

My Dill Pickle Relish Deviled Eggs, mini Meatball Parmesan, a new to me recipe of Bacon Knots.
Everything was gone by the end of the afternoon and we all toddled off home.

Here it comes:

View attachment 108451
Used SeriousEats’ reverse sear for that.

View attachment 108452
Bad lighting, but that is just what I was hoping for.

View attachment 108453
Puds…I ate four!

View attachment 108454
New this year - the recipe calls it a rösti cake, I just say it’s a big ol’ plate of hash browns.

View attachment 108455
Other dishes were hazelnut green beans (MrsT didn’t care for those) and braised red cabbage, flavored with perry, thyme, cinnamon, and vinegar.

Beer was Sam Smith’s imperial stout and desserts to follow later.

Beautiful looking food @tasty I'd chow down on that. I love yorkys.

Russ

Christmas eve dinner was prime rib, mashed potatoes, braised cabbage with cranberries, carrots with thyme. Dessert was vanilla ice cream with fruit and amaretto poured over. We had sidecars for a before-dinner cocktail, red wine with dinner, and gingerbread gin as an aperitif.

Today (Christmas day) we had muffins and bacon for breakfast, poached eggs over asparagus and English muffins for lunch, and dinner was a feast of turkey, enhanced mashed potatoes, carrots & peas, rutabaga, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and of course, plenty of gravy over the whole thing. Mince tarts with hard sauce for dessert. Rose wine before lunch, martinis before dinner, white wine with dinner, amaretto aperitif, and a nice mug of tea after every meal.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to sleep it off for the next 20 days. Here’s our hard sauce.
IMG_8639.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom