What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm weak, I made another batch a couple days ago. This one is with a homemade Alfred and roasted garlic sauce for the base, topped with feta, mozzarella and caramelized onions with a sprinkle of a red pepper flake blend.
20240713_174912.jpg

20240713_213255.jpg
20240713_213527.jpg
20240713_214606.jpg

Daughter had the same cake plus ice for breakfast.

For my brunch I reheated The last bits of pasta bake plus 1 egg, re-fried in a brief manner.

Some soy nougat ice cream and second coffee of the day now.

Yesterdays Crab ‘Linguine’ except I used spaghetti.
Fancied some crab so was reading the appalling reviews of the crab meat from the online supermarkets and one reviewer said it’s actually a really good cheats meal “get a tub of the crab paté melt it with some butter in a pan, add a load of parsley (and some cream if you have it) then toss the linguine around in it, lastly sprinkle over the white crab meat.
IMG_3515.jpeg

She was absolutely right, I’ve never liked brown crab meat which is the dominant ingredient in the paté but I really like this. Definitely going on my easy peasy list!

A small snack in front of the tele. Persian cucumbers, brown and white crab meat and trout caviar (roe).
IMG_3530.jpeg

Pizza for lunch. Garlic buttered base with spinach, pesto, red pepper and king prawns. It was heaven.
Pre cheesing!
IMG_3546.jpeg

And after 10 mins in the air fryer. Well worth cutting the pieces before cooking (especially if your base is gluten free) as it gives a slightly crunchy all round edge and no soggy middle which if you have to eat gluten free you’ll know how awful wet gf bread is. Mind you even when I could eat wheat I never enjoyed soggy centred pizza.
IMG_3577.jpeg

I have another half for later, which I’ll enjoy in front of tele with the newly discovered (new to me) Jean-Pierre, I think he’ll appreciated the extra garlic butter on the base 😊

Might put some more pizza assembly pics on one of the pizza threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom