What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch is at a local butcher shop that also does hot food:

IMG_8877.jpeg

Hot turkey sandwich and fries, and a gigantic cup of half-cut iced tea. I had a birthday club coupon, so that cost me a $2 tip and that was it.

Nothing so far but tea, coffee, and water. Gearing myself up for my occasional huge turkey, roast beef, and cheese plus veges sub sandwich fix (will post a photo later).

Aldi sells this espresso ground coffee called Cafe Bustello that is so good and it's not expensive, either! I only have to fill my refillable coffee pod 3/4 full and I have the biggest caffeine buzz going right now...and it just smells and tastes delicious!

Chicken...
I left the chicken out yesterday night by accident, so it had to be cooked.
Rub of (hope I remember all): onion powder, paprika, sumac, salt, chili powder, crushed coriander, fresh garlic

Patiently (with a g&t) waiting for the fire in the wsm to get hot enough
IMG_20240725_192458_761.jpg

Pretty happy with the result
IMG_20240725_195005_143.jpg

Half-cut iced tea? Half a cup of ice, half a cup of tea? Or surely I am missing a beat...
Sorry, it’s such a common term here in parts of the US, I forget sometimes.

It’s iced tea, served at just about any restaurant here, and dispensed from huge containers, one unsweetened and one (very much) sweetened - “half-cut” just refers to having half of each in your cup, so you cut down on what’s usually an outrageous amount of sugar, but still get a bit of the sweetness.

Sorry, it’s such a common term here in parts of the US, I forget sometimes.

It’s iced tea, served at just about any restaurant here, and dispensed from huge containers, one unsweetened and one (very much) sweetened - “half-cut” just refers to having half of each in your cup, so you cut down on what’s usually an outrageous amount of sugar, but still get a bit of the sweetness.
lol I thought as ‘half cut’ means drunk it was half cut with an alcohol! 😂

lol I thought as ‘half cut’ means drunk it was half cut with an alcohol! 😂
We used to have a bar in Cincy called HalfCut. They may still be around, idk.

Anyway, it was half small bar and half walk-up growler station…plus they had a mobile pedal bar that you and 9 friends could hop on and drink your way around the city at the speed of a bicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom