What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to have a bar in Cincy called HalfCut. They may still be around, idk.

Anyway, it was half small bar and half walk-up growler station…plus they had a mobile pedal bar that you and 9 friends could hop on and drink your way around the city at the speed of a bicycle.
Growler means something else here too.
The idea of a ‘growler station’ .. well I’ll say growler station to Mr SSOAP and let you know what response I get 😂

Growler means something else here too.
The idea of a ‘growler station’ .. well I’ll say growler station to Mr SSOAP and let you know what response I get 😂
A growler here is just a big glass jug, with a cap, used to take home a good-sized amount of draft beer - more than just one or two beers at the bar, but less than a 12-pack. Standard size is 64 ounces. Get your half-gallon at the HalfCut and you’re halfway half-cut before the evening’s over!

Growler (jug) - Wikipedia

Haha - growler:

IMG_8882.jpeg

Sorry, it’s such a common term here in parts of the US, I forget sometimes.

It’s iced tea, served at just about any restaurant here, and dispensed from huge containers, one unsweetened and one (very much) sweetened - “half-cut” just refers to having half of each in your cup, so you cut down on what’s usually an outrageous amount of sugar, but still get a bit of the sweetness.

Oooh, now I get it, what a good idea! I love it, that way one could even only have unsweetened, if desired.

lol I thought as ‘half cut’ means drunk it was half cut with an alcohol! 😂

I thought maybe an Arnold Palmer, half tea and half lemonade.

While in Hawaii, I finally found a Tamagoyaki pan ...
IMG_4062.JPG

I plan on making Musubi tomorrow and thought that an addition of the Egg Omelette would be nice.

IMG_4329.JPG

Never have I ever made Tamagoyaki.
I followed a recipe that I thought I had down pat, NOPE!
Tasty none the less.
We'll try again.
I understand that this is not an easy dish to make, it takes a lot of practice.
Eggs are $2.49/dozen at Costco ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom