What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 7 am, prior to breakfast. So called " bullet proof coffee". Originally with butter or ghee. I use coconut butter. A teaspoon or so.

Taste is lovely.

Its function apparently is to keep you full longer before your next meal.

Breakfast at home was the other half of the oat- pecan bar, some cashews.

Elevenses will be gluten free cookies after the cappuccino out...

Baking a corn flour quiche for lunch.

This was the filling: onion, zucchini, soy cream, lactose free cream cheese ( only 70 g, I don't tolerate lactose free items well after all, but would hate it go to waste), eggs, salt, spices.

20240726_125804.jpg

We used to buy those with Taft's porter!! My son lived right next door.
Taft's has now (unfortunately) closed down :(
Yeah, that was a beautiful facility, in an old church. Stunning inside.

They’re still making beer, I think, and their other location is still open, too, I think. They make excellent beer.

Improved dessert.

Peanut butter chocolate heart homemade, enhanced by coconut - stevia cream, cocoa powder, compote sour cherries and a blop of raspberry jam.

Yep,a lot better!

20240726_143336.jpg
20240726_143350.jpg

Funny daughter moment, she chased my plate with her fork. I was reluctant as stevia is my sugar sub.

I shall make you one too, with true sugar.
So I did, and she loved it.

Minus the extra cherries (some, not all). To her they were not sweet enough. To me they do add considerable sweetness...

mom always puts a pat of butter or a little spoonful of bacon fat in her coffee.
How fascinating! Not a new invention definitely. I did remember tea with butter in the Himalayas, I believe, if I don't err...to give a boost of energy...

I ran into the info not too long ago, in a nutritionist video ( related to insulin resistance), and was willing to try.

Good taste and works. Minimum an extra hour, depending on the supper quantity and ingredients, sometimes even 2 or 3 hours...at least to me. But we are all different.

Mixed up some more sandwich meat including a vegan one. It’s pretty but I don’t have a lot of faith it’s going to slice well, we’ll see!

IMG_3734.jpeg

One garlic chicken, one pork and pepper roll and one vegan.

IMG_3733.jpeg

The vegan sandwich roll mix before adding the binders. Tastes great, hope it turns out ok.

IMG_3736.jpeg

The butcher always throws in a bit of extra for free which is lovely of him but then it doesn’t all fit in the meat tins so I bought a burger press for the left over meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom