What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are excellent:

IMG_8891.jpeg

Shatteringly crisp and very garlicky. 😋

We bought a funny chip maker. Fancy??
Cost $5 via temu

View attachment 116602

View attachment 116603
Temu is getting popular here locally too. Daughter ordered sunglasses. A coworker ordered dog pet supplies. I have not used it yet.
Please be careful. I remember first hearing about Temu when they had a huge presence with their adds at the American Football Superbowl earlier this year and thought it was odd since they really didn't say what they were. Then I started getting popup ads on a word game I play on my phone. The following week the CNBC (business news channel I watch since I invest in the stock market) anaylsts were discussing the risks of this company and a cybersecurity expert stated that it was a bad idea to give them personal information, which of course they harvest when you download the app.

I just found an article from another cyber security individual who thinks along the same lines. You might find interesting:
Is Temu legit? Cybersecurity expert warns it's not the bargain you want, coupon codes aside

was a bad idea to give them personal information
Indeed, that was my intuition telling me not to shop there. Aggressive marketing. Have no particular desire to shop there.
I dislike store apps, they irritate me, which in this and similar cases is good.

Vegan sandwich ‘meat’

Verdict - great flavour, enjoyable to eat but needs better binding as whilst it’s flexible with a good texture it is slightly fragile. Takes more effort to make than mixing up some meat and spices but on reflection I think it’s worth it.
Next time I’ll use black Thai rice rather than a long grain and maybe increase the gum👍

IMG_3751.jpeg

I’ll also squeeze the red pepper dry before adding, it being wet and shrinking as it cooked meant a fair few bit’s of red pepper dropped out on slicing.
Unsurprisingly it has a sushi vibe going on so I’ll probably take it in the sushi sliced sausage direction 👍

Please be careful. I remember first hearing about Temu when they had a huge presence with their adds at the American Football Superbowl earlier this year and thought it was odd since they really didn't say what they were. Then I started getting popup ads on a word game I play on my phone. The following week the CNBC (business news channel I watch since I invest in the stock market) anaylsts were discussing the risks of this company and a cybersecurity expert stated that it was a bad idea to give them personal information, which of course they harvest when you download the app.

I just found an article from another cyber security individual who thinks along the same lines. You might find interesting:
Is Temu legit? Cybersecurity expert warns it's not the bargain you want, coupon codes aside

I read that article. Thanks
I dont use it my wife does. She loves it.. she gets free stuff from it as well. Everyone seems to be using it.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom