What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like

https://m.facebook.com/tomsbbqsauce/

It's kind of a combo of a mustard-ketchup-vinegar based sauce. I prefer the original. Craig likes the hot. Haven't been able to find it lately, but found it's now being carried in a small local chain near us now. I keep saying I'm going to try and make a copycat but never do .

I can’t ever get into facebook, well I can but I have to go through a verification process and create a new password every time so I’ve given up trying.
Don’t suppose you fancy posting a pic of ingredients list? No worries if not, just curious 👍

Hey! Absolutely wonderful you made them! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
I think, like all recipes, you make them, decide whether it's (a) perfect (b) might be perfect with a tweak (c) bit too much (d) really appalling.
Then you decide how you're going to tweak it next time.

Thanks 🤩
I think I have a bit of way to go before settling on a couple of recipes I like but Adria’s certainly helped to send it off in a good direction.
It wasn’t too sweet and the different sugars used really layered the flavours in an interesting way rather than giving a too sweet hit.
When I reach the final of the glaze journey I know that one will be factoring in there in some format for sure!

I can’t ever get into facebook, well I can but I have to go through a verification process and create a new password every time so I’ve given up trying.
Don’t suppose you fancy posting a pic of ingredients list? No worries if not, just curious 👍
It's on Amazon, at least in U.S.

1722259493436.png

Water, Distilled Vinegar, Pure Cane Sugar, Mustard (Distilled Vinegar, 1 Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric and Spices), Tomato Paste, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Soybean Oil, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Xanthan Gum, Black Pepper, Sodium Benzoate (as a Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (as a Preservative), Caramel Color.

The hot had what sounds like Tabasco sauce in it.

Haluski-inspired dish, using some of the pickled sage I made earlier:

IMG_8911.jpeg

Red cabbage, onion, and garlic, and I used some of the pickled sage brine to preserve the cabbage color, and there’s pickled sage leaves torn up in there, along with some spaetzle.

My decorating aside, this was quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom