What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

I did two lots of cooking today. The first was a test and the second was dinner.
Dinner first - Singapore noodles.
Chinese Egg noodles, the kind you get in those ramen packets. Shrimp, broccoli, baby corn, ginger, garlic, onion and a spoonful of homemade curry powder.
You know, I'm still not happy about cooking in a wok. I've been trying for over 30 years and it never tastes as good as a Chinese restaurant. Anyway, it was tasty. Maybe when I'm 120 years old, I'll finally crack the code :hyper: :hyper:
singapore noodles.jpg

Dessert will be bread pudding with whisky sauce.
I have to admire you for loving bread pudding.
Maybe it was school dinners in the 60s put me off for life, but I find bread pudding, bread and butter pudding, and bread sauce to be the most uninspiring and tasteless things in the entire culinary world. And yet...
There are loads of people on here who seem to love the stuff. Maybe the whisky sauce makes a difference. Bon appetit! :D

I have to admire you for loving bread pudding.
Maybe it was school dinners in the 60s put me off for life, but I find bread pudding, bread and butter pudding, and bread sauce to be the most uninspiring and tasteless things in the entire culinary world. And yet...
There are loads of people on here who seem to love the stuff. Maybe the whisky sauce makes a difference. Bon appetit! :D
Agreed. No Iove for the stuff.

I did two lots of cooking today. The first was a test and the second was dinner.
Chinese Egg noodles, the kind you get in those ramen packets. Shrimp, broccoli, baby corn, ginger, garlic, onion and a spoonful of homemade curry powder.
You know, I'm still not happy about cooking in a wok. I've been trying for over 30 years and it never tastes as good as a Chinese restaurant. Anyway, it was tasty. Maybe when I'm 120 years old, I'll finally crack the code :hyper: :hyper: View attachment 118169
Your wok probably doesn't get hot enough.
Good book about woks is Grace Young's "the breath of a wok"

You know, I'm still not happy about cooking in a wok. I've been trying for over 30 years and it never tastes as good as a Chinese restaurant. Anyway, it was tasty. Maybe when I'm 120 years old, I'll finally crack the code :hyper: :hyper: View attachment 118169
Wok hei

Toasted bread, drizzled with pumpkin seed oil, layered with vegan cream cheese, local pepperoni, a fresh cherry tomato.

Would have loved to use avocado, minus the oil and pepperoni, but they need a day or two more, I reckon.

This was very nice nonetheless.

View attachment 118188
Don't think there's anything better than sandwiches!

Thanks, it was quite a funny little thing:

I mentioned the pie tin I used for the main quiche was a bit small, so the tomato and cheese filling was too much, which I didn’t realize until it was in there, so when I began to pour the egg-cream mixture in, I had a lot left over.

Main quiche was in the oven, and I was a bit miffed that I had about 2 cups of liquid left, then I remembered I had some dough trimmings in the fridge.

Quick as a flash, I squished that into a mini tin, added some diced pepperoni, some mozzarella, and basil, and put it in the oven, which was trickier than it sounds, because the main quiche was on a sheet pan, and in order to fit this on the sheet pan, I had to precisely almost drop it into a single spot, all without burning myself (at which I failed).

Banged the door shut, put everything up, then realized, “Waitaminute…I have enough for a second one, and it can be crustless, which I’ll suit MrsT,” so I repeated the whole process over, and in order to get it in the oven, I had to turn the sheet pan sideways…spilling out the eggy stuff of those two…and I burned myself a second time putting the crustless one in! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom