What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Remembered I had a few of those chipotle-adobo sauce thingies in the fridge, so I did a quick internet search, found a dressing that’s supposed to mimic one from Chipotle, and here it is:

IMG_9278.jpeg

Please note that for the Even Stevens out there, those evenly top their respective jars, and for the Fill ‘er Up Phils, they’re filled to the brim - something for everyone! :wink:

Thanks!

It’s a little overdone on the top, and still a wee bit…moist in the middle.

Agreed. No Iove for the stuff.
I can only do bread pudding when it's done right, meaning there's a nice crust on the outside for texture, so it doesn't feel like soggy napkins in your mouth. 🤮

Last edited:
There's an older anchor on 1 of our local stations, who has a weekly segment on how to make fairly simple quick dishes. She did 1 last week using King's Hawaiian rolls, purchased or homemade small meatballs, purchased or homemade marinara, mozzarella and ParmR. You core out each roll, leaving bottom intact, take a little more bread out around the sides, brush with garlic oil, toast, then put a little marinara on the bottom, some mozzarella, a cooked meatball, some more mozzarella, a little more sauce, then grate some ParmR on top, bake in the oven at 300 F for about 20-25 minutes. You can even leave the rolls in the cardboard tray they come in to bake.

I made the meatballs, plus have more for another meal, as well as the marinara. They came out pretty good, but I think I would either buy rolls that don't have the slightly sweet taste like King's Hawaiian do, or make garlic rolls and form the dough like a doughnut where the hole doesn't go all the way through. Then, just bake everything in 1 go.

Oh, picture is pre bake, but after toast. I forgot to take 1 after bake. We had tots as a side.

20240904_181518.jpg

I have to admire you for loving bread pudding.
Maybe it was school dinners in the 60s put me off for life, but I find bread pudding, bread and butter pudding, and bread sauce to be the most uninspiring and tasteless things in the entire culinary world. And yet...
There are loads of people on here who seem to love the stuff. Maybe the whisky sauce makes a difference. Bon appetit! :D
🤣🤣 We aren’t huge fans but we had some bread to do something with or throw it away in a few days.

I did two lots of cooking today. The first was a test and the second was dinner.
Here's the rest of yesterday's cooking - the test.
I've been asked to help a catering friend out for the Indian Embassy. They send us these menus and expect us to make them for $7 a head BUT, my friend caters for 27 embassies and she doesn't want to miss out on this one.
They asked for 3 dishes (two mains and a dessert) but also wanted pooris, which are puffed, fried bread. Easy to make but they need to be eaten immediately, otherwise they deflate. We thought we might be able to pre-cook them; that was the experiment. Pooris are about 4" in diameter:
Pooris 1.jpg
First lot, I cooked for 50 seconds:
Pooris 2.jpg
Then I left them for an hour while I cooked the second lot, for about 1 1/2 minutes:
Pooris 3.jpg
An hour later, recooked the first lot:
Pooris 4.jpg
As you can see, loads of oil. Definitely not an option.

We,4 high school friends, went to the vegan restaurant today.

To my vegan friends it was over the moon great, to the third non vegan friend it was lovely, to me, it was, just ok. Dare I say bArely?🤐

20240905_190023.jpg
20240905_194246.jpg

...but it was a nice evening out with talk and laughter, let us just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom